Thursday, January 13, 2011

Changes for the New Year

I've got some changes to Gail Diane Yovanovich Photography coming up for 2011, one of which is this blog. Keeping things pristinely up-to-date is not one of my strong points, but I'll be trying to post at least once a week.

Also, within the next few weeks, I'll have a new website up. I'll be streamlining the site to make navigation faster and easier for you, and to make the overall appearance sleeker. I'll let you know when it's online, and hope you'll send me your comments - both positive and negative.

In early December, I began an overhaul of my photo equipment. I traded in my Canon 300mm f/2.8 lens for the Canon 500mm f/4 big gun. With this, I'll be turning more attention to photographing birds and wildlife. Here's one of the first photos I took with the new lens. This is a Sandhill Crane at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.


Of course, landscapes will always remain a priority. Below is an image of Shiprock in northwestern New Mexico near Farmington taken in late 2010.  This ancient volcanic plug dominates the landscape throughout the area. To the left of the photo, you can see remains of its lava field angled upward. At one point in geologic time, there were more than 100 active volcanoes in New Mexico. Although these volcanic plugs are visible throughout the northern two-thirds of the state, Shiprock is surely the most dramatic.


I captured the image from Bosque del Apache shown at the upper right of this post on New Year's Eve 2010.  You can get a better look at Evening Glow on my website at www.gailyovanphotos.com.

Cheers til later....Gail.
www.gailyovanphotos.com
All images and text ©2014 Gail Diane Yovanovich

No comments: